Friday, June 21, 2019

Summer Has Arrived


Dear Friends and Readers,

I have spent time with God this morning from 6:30 AM to 7 AM and again from 5 PM to 5:30 PM before coming here to say hello, good evening, and have a good weekend.  I did learn about envy today as I read/listened to the day’s Our Daily Bread devotional today.  Read 6:29 (NLT) or any Bible version you prefer.  The thought of being envious boggles my mind sometimes because I know I have been envious in my past.  Not sure about today, though.  Also knowing people were envious of me when I was younger also boggles my mind.  Here is the story/devotional:
https://odb.org/2019/06/21/ending-envy/#  …. I thought I would share it and let you find what you get from it today.

The weekend has arrived, and sundown will be at 8:37 PM tonight.  I just wanted to say hello, have a good weekend, be safe in all your endeavors, and be kind to one another and others.  I had a good day today watching my marathon shows Matlock and Monk.  I usually do not watch Monk too often, but the first season is back in running syndication on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries (HMM), and I thought I would watch Tony Shalhoub.  I like him as an actor.  Then I watch Judge Judy from 4 PM to 4:30 PM, then decided to take the time to write, get online, and ready for the evening and weekend.  I have dialysis in the morning for 3 ½ hours beginning at 9:15 AM or whenever I get in the back to have dialysis, then my dialysis weekend begins the moment I leave the dialysis center and return next Tuesday, June 25th. I enjoy my dialysis weekends very much although I still deal with a schedule every day of the week.  Dialysis is part of that schedule I have grown accustomed to since I began dialysis as an outpatient.  I will not tell you the cost for dialysis, but I will say that it is a lot of money.  My Sundays are very lowkey days.  I sleep in a little bit from Saturday night, my IRIS worker gets here at 5 PM, I have personal cares, and get comfortable the rest of the evening.  As my lowkey day goes, I do what I can for myself, watch TV, read, listen to music, snuggle with Bing Crosby the Cat.  Bing is a given every day when it comes to snuggling with him. Then the weekend is over and my “work week” begins on Monday and my Monday is a lowkey day as well unless I have plans to go somewhere with my IRIS worker before she goes to her next client.

Summer has begun. The weather today was fairly nice at 71 degrees, sunny, and warm.  I did not go outside or anything.  With my balance, I do not always feel safe venturing out on my own without someone with me.  I never know, with dialysis days especially, when a dizzy spell will be triggered.  My IRIS worker left around 9:45 AM to her next client so staying in was more of a want than a must.  Because my bedroom/living room windows are open, I heard neighbors coming/going into the building after enjoying some fresh air and maybe a cigarette or two.  The weekend has arrived for our onsite manager until Monday as well.  I hope, with the summer beginning, we will have some nice weather.  I have felt, since January 22nd, our Wisconsin weather has been a little mixed up.  We had a longer fall season, a long winter season, and spring seemed to take a while to warm up.   Now we have summer months at play. Not a bad day for today.

Do you have kids who are still school age?  I am talking about grade, middle, and high school age.  I do not have any kids myself, but I know people who do.  Summer has begun for them here in Wisconsin for our area schools except for the Christian school I know has begun their summer holiday before June 13th.  It is nice to hear kids running around outside enjoying their summer days during play and helping their parents do chores.  It is not easy being a kid.  I have been there myself and sometimes it feels like not so long ago.  As a child I enjoyed school somewhat and then as a teenager, I still enjoyed school somewhat, but was glad to get away from the house for about 8 hours a day.  As a teenager, about the age of 15, I have learned that doing chores before seeing friends was grueling.  Now I see kids all around feeling the same way I did about doing chores.  A scary thought, right?  Although I do not have any kids who can take pattern after me, I know parents who have kids who pattern after them, and sometimes parents wonder about their kids as they ponder about their lives at certain ages of growing up. Yikes, right?  Maybe?  Maybe not?

What are your plans for the summer?  My plans are play it by  ear plans outside my scheduled personal cares, dialysis days, seeing my parents from AR, getting out when I can about the town for appointments, errands, read, write, and do what is necessary to stay happy and comfortable.  I will not be doing any traveling outside the state or anything. Staying close to home.  I do not have people stay overnight anymore nor do I stay overnight at any friend’s place.  I love my own bed, my space, and my home/apartment.  Now, when I have another kidney transplant (God willing), my mom will be staying with me for a while and that is when I have a sleepover.  Mom does not count anyway.  Her home/My home is home to both of us.  My mom’s home includes a husband, so my stepfather counts as well.  Family staying over does not count as sleepovers in my book.

It is getting late and I have a semi-busy morning.  I am going to say good night and come back as soon as I can over the weekend sometime. It has been my pleasure to be here and share with you my thoughts.  May God guide all of you through your weekend.  Good night and God bless.

Sincerely,

Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment