Friday, June 28, 2019

Remembering Beth Chapman

Anything shared, such as Wikipediais a site I use often to look at celebrity information.  If any of the information shared from that site is incorrect, please let me know and I will apologize for misinforming.  Years ago when Wikipedia came out, I was told by college faculty never to use it in papers, so I never did.

Remembering Beth Chapman

Dear Friends & Readers,
            My heart goes out to Duane “Dog” Chapman and his family, friends, and fans of his shows “Dog the Bounty Hunter, “Dog & Beth: On the Hunt”, “Dog & Beth:  The Fight of Their Lives, and the newest show coming up “Dog’s Most Wanted”.  His wife Beth, born October 29, 1967 and passed away from throat cancer that was put in remission, but then returned into her lungs on June 26, 2019, Wikipedia states.  I, a fan of “Dog the Bounty Hunter”, after watching the first episode of the second season, feel for everyone.  When I read in “Dog’s” tweet that Beth was in a medically induced coma because of her breathing and he has asked his fans to pray for his wife, my heart ached to read the post, but prayed.  That post has been on my mind ever since I read it on Monday, and then Tuesday, read another tweet from “Dog”, a little after 5 PM Hawaiian time, my heart ached yet knowing that Beth was no longer suffering and dealing with cancer anymore. Knowing that Beth is not dealing with anymore discomfort from her cancer, I am happy in that way.
            Watching “Dog the Bounty Hunter” was where I learned about how Duane “Dog” Chapman became the man he is now, and when he married Beth in 2006, the wedding was on his show, and the family let the fans see it on TV! I felt honored to be there as a watcher on my side of the TV screen.  I enjoyed the wedding very much even though “Dog” had lost a daughter during that time.  I have appreciated “Dog’s” honesty to the criminals who skipped out on their bail bonds as he captures them to take them back to jail.  Knowing about his life, a man who has been in prison himself, has made me understand that some people can turn their life around from very bad situations.  Upon reading information Duane "Dog" Chapman, I did not know that he was married four different times with Beth being his latest/last wife and a father of 12 kids.  My heart goes out to the entire family and I am glad they have one another.
            In my heart, knowing a celebrity only by watching them on TV, will continue to pray and be a fan.  Maybe someday I will meant “Dog” and his family.  The only celebrity I met in my lifetime was Robin Yount who was a Milwaukee Brewers team player when he visited the Janesville Mall when I was not yet a teenager but a pre-teen.  I was able to get Robin Yount’s autograph and have lost it ever since.  Yes, I’ve wanted to meet Beth Chapman.  I will have to wait until I get to heaven to her now to meet her.  Will I meet “Dog” Chapman?  Most likely no, but it is a wish of mine for a few years now.
            Prayers for the all who loved, known, and appreciated the family of Beth Chapman are going up as we speak.

Sincerely,
Kristi

No comments:

Post a Comment