Monday, June 24, 2019

God's Goal For Us - A Race to the Finish Line

Dear Friends & Readers,

How was your weekend?  My weekend went by fast.  The only time it seemed to run slow was Saturday when I was being dialyzed on the machine for the desired 3 ½ hours because one of my catheter lines was not pulling very well.  I got through treatment but had to have my head turned to the left through the entire treatment.  Luckily no kinks in the neck came during and after, and the following day.  I was given a drug called Cath Flow in the line that was not pulling very well after treatment, got “burrito” (gauze)wrapped around the catheter and left for my dialysis weekend (Sunday and Monday while Sabbath weekend begins Friday at sundown to Saturday sundown).  After I had gotten home, I got a surprise call from my boyfriend telling me he and his mom were on their way to have Bible study and having study together as well as learning about what the sermon was all about, but I did not hear from her until Saturday afternoon when she got here with my sweetheart.  It was an awesome two hours that ended my Saturday afternoon with great pleasure with family. On Sunday I watched TJ Hooker on Decades as the show was on this weekend.  I was in bed by 7:30 PM and asleep by 8 PM, and awake to begin my day today at 6:15 AM where I did my best at taking time for God, but that had to wait until 10 AM this morning and once again right now before 5 PM because my cat Bing Crosby had to have “mommy” time with me and give some loving as I was loving him.  Right now, while writing this blog, he is laying at my feet on my bed for a little bit. Once again, how was your weekend?

While I took the time this morning to read a couple of devotions at Our Daily Breadand Brenda Walsh Ministry, my mind came to the decision on what I am going to talk about today.  First I would like to share the devotions I have read:  Brenda Walsh’s Devotionaland Our Daily Bread Devotion.  Our Daily Bread talks about how to enjoy playing basketball as a coach learned that the team did not win games in the past while Brenda Walsh’s devotion talks about running the race.  Two very good devotions that talk about two different things so I am going to talk about each one the best I can with the notes I have taken and what I have learned and thought about through time of reflection.  Let’s begin with Our Daily Bread Devotional.

Daily Bread Devotion
“Playing With Joy”

Acts 20:24talks about how we are to complete a task that Jesus has given us.  That task is to study your Bibles, reflect on what you are reading, give your testimony, and pass on the good news about God to others.  This is what Paul said to the elders that were his last words. The coach was not worried about the basketball team winning or losing.  He just wanted his team to play basketball with joy in their hearts. The idea of having great joy in what you enjoy doing can show others as well as yourselves that competition is more fun that way.  Okay, I get it!  What have I been doing the past few days?  I have been writing a blog on devotions and Bible lessons and sharing what I have learned through words.  I enjoy doing this very much.  I am passing my testimonies through my blogs to others who will find my blog, read it, and find it in themselves what they come from what I have shared.  I am “playing with joy  y” sharing God’s Word.

As I continue to take time for God,  I find myself less grouchy, discouraged, stressed, and unhealthy. Who doesn’t get grouchy, discouraged, stressed, and deals with issues with their health?  I’ve had a kidney transplant 31 ½ years ago and now I am doing dialysis three times a week for 3 ½ hour sittings.  It takes away my morning to do other things that could be done but I have learned to fit it into my schedule.  It was not easy at first.  Now, since May 7, 2019, I have incorporated it into my schedule, and have found time with God in the morning and evening of each day without fail even though what fails around me is learned to be what it is.  If I begin to become anxious, I am still learning to control it with understanding that it is not me or it is something I have no control of.  Like when one of catheter lines was not pulling very well and I needed some Cath Flow after treatment.  Catheters get clogged.  I did not get stressed or worry.  I was being taken care of by good people who knew how to do their job Saturday afternoon. I had to look to the left for the entire session.  Doing dialysis right now is something that has to be done because my transplanted kidney is not functioning properly.  The race that I am running right now is one race I will not stop running for as long as I can.  Please take the time to read Our Daily Bread Devotionto see what you can glean from your experiences, reflect, and pray for God’s guidance as time moves ahead for your future “play for joy” moments.  God bless.  I continue to pray for a good race.  Now, let’s talk about Brenda Walsh’s Devotion.

Brenda Walsh Ministry
“Running the Race”

What races have you run?  When I was a child in elementary school, I remember when we would have track and field day every year up to my middle school days.  We would get prepared for the big day in gym class for days up to the big day.  I never did the hurdles because I could never get over them, but I loved shotput, the long jump, and running.  Running was not easy for me although I could run like the other kids.  I was a little slower in running even though I ran as fast as my legs could go.   I never won a race against other kids, but I was cheered by other students and teachers running alongside me no matter what.  The idea of running a race and finishing was all that mattered.  Kids in grade school were more understanding about kids with disabilities and handicaps, too.  I sure do miss those days because that is when certain things did not matter as much as they did during middle and high school, but where would I be if I stayed a little girl?  I know I would not have grown to know more about God, love Him, and share my testimonies with others as I continue to learn.  Even adulthood is not easy.  I can say that adulthood is manageable with the right plans in place.

Running a race in life has its quirks, downfalls, ups and downs, but the race is not over until it is over.  God wants us to have a steady pace during our journey that is considered a race to the finish line.  He wants us, too, enjoy the sites during our race and have a good rest on our journeys through life.  I know health problems can discourage anyone, but we have to remember that sin is in this world, and we are going to have bumps in the road from time to time, and that does not mean our race is over.  When the race is over, we have reached the finish line as , 2 Tim 4:7,comes across to me with the words from the Bible itself.  I have yet to finish my race and until then, I am going to continue sharing about God’s Word the best I can in the way I can and am doing right now.

Sometimes storms rage and that makes little things seem bigger than they really are.  Remember the saying when you were younger when telling stories. “Don’t make an ant hill seem like a mole hill” is the phrase I have heard growing up.  Sometimes certain things happen in life that may be distressing, and God tells us not to give up.  Do not give up.  God wants us to fight against what entangles us from time to time and continue to run the race to the finish line.  We need to focus on the goals God has given us.  We all have talents and gifts that God has given us, and He has known us from the very beginning of time.  At one time I have wondered what my talents and gifts were, but I do not wonder anymore. I believe I am putting them to use right now.  I have one last thought about Brenda Walsh’s Devotion of the day.

This past week I have started to take time for God for some good reasons.  They are to help me get through one day to the next without anxiety, panic, and depression, see what God has to say through His Word we call the Bible, reflect, and pray to Him daily.  Then when the time came and the Holy Spirit urges me to write my thoughts down to share with others, I have found myself more at peace with everything around me. My habits are changing, my attitude toward others is changing for the better, and my life from the past is opening to understanding that I want my former actions in life be in past and be remembered as mistakes, trials, and errors of my former self.  I cannot change what is in the past, but I can change what is now.  As I move ahead and run the race to the finish line where Jesus is waiting for me with his outstretched arms, he will then give me the prize that I have waited so long to receive.  When that time comes, the race will be over, and I will spend eternal life with Jesus and others who have also ran their races to the end of their days as well. Please do not worry that I am talking about finishing my race right now. God knows when my race will be over, and that is understood as He knows all.  I am not giving up and no one should give up.

As my night closes into a rainy evening, I do have to admit that I have learned a lot about “playing with joy” and “running the race”.  I am not here to scare anyone in believing in God as I am only here to share about Him when the time is right for me to do so.  I love Jesus and I know he loves me and everyone else in this world.  I understand that many do not know Jesus as well as not wanting to know him and both ideas make my heart ache and sometimes, I cry for those who do not know or want God in their lives.  God does exist.  He cannot be seen, but he does exist.  May God direct you in the right direction one day and bring you great joy.  I am only one being telling my testimonies, and I know I am not alone in this world whatsoever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment