Monday, May 27, 2019

Living My Life


            I have been out of the hospital and on outpatient dialysis now since May 7, 2019.  I feel that I still have freedom and I still living on my own in my own apartment.  I am indeed living my life the best I can.  It has been a while since I have seen my counselor SW and this coming Wednesday, May 29, will be the first time since this winter days began.  I am looking forward to seeing SW after a long time – a few months.  I have been doing okay and I will be okay, but I have been struggling enough to notice that some things have changed for me emotionally.  I do not trust strangers anymore and we meet strangers every day. In fact, when I first began outpatient dialysis, I met some strangers at the dialysis center, and now I consider them all family  members in my professional realm of life whether or not the workers are traveling every few weeks.  The dialysis center has seen two travelers depart since I began dialysis.  I have been dealing with life the best I can.
            One of the toughest things I have been dealing with is weather.  I am not sure if the weather here in Wisconsin has fallen behind this year or what, but it has been rainy, stormy, and the sky has been showing a lot of grayness. It is sad.  I get out as much as I can for a little before dialysis and while I have appointments.  Not always can DKF get me out for a drive every time I leave my apartment for dialysis, but I get out for a little while before being hooked up to a machine for 3 ½ hours.  The weather has been a little unbearable lately.  I am still living my life as normal as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment